Medical Logistics Ltd / Samedaycoronavirustests.com understands the patient’s right to privacy. This Personal Data Policy provides an explanation of how we collect, share and use personal information about you; and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us via email email@example.com .
Nonetheless, we encourage you to read the Personal Data Policy to ensure you are fully informed.
Personal Data Policy UPDATED on 11/01/2022
Personal Data Policy
- What personal information does Medical Logistics Ltd / samedaycoronavirustests.com collect and why?
Medical Logistics Ltd / Samedaycoronavirustests.com processes the minimum amount of Health Data and Identity Data necessary to provide the Services.
The personal information that we may collect:
A. Information that the patient provides voluntarily:
- Health Data, i.e. data about a patient’s pathology samples, the identity of the clinician requesting the test, the patient’s health information produced as part of the test process,
- Identity Data, i.e. name, date of birth, ID check (passport or ID number), to register the covid-19 test with us and to identify the patient during the visit,
- Contact Data, i.e. address, email address, and telephone number,
- Payment details, i.e. for the purpose of refunds.
B. Information that is collected automatically:
- Technical information: IP address, domain names, country you’re visiting from, your web browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
- Visit information: information about the pages you visit on our website, how long you spend on each page, how you interact with page content, and any products or services you request.
This information is collected anonymously and assists to optimise our website performance.
2. Information that we obtain from third party sources
Medical Logistics Ltd / Samedaycoronavirustests.com will receive the test results: generated by our laboratory partners when the sample is collected from you and submitted for testing. Results will be held both by us and our partner laboratory (The Science Laboratory, Oncologica, Medical Diagnosis, or The London Medical Laboratory). Only tests you have requested will be performed.
Medical Logistics Ltd / Samedaycoronavirustests.com will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Personal Data Policy or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information. However, we may also use your personal information for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you, if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Who does Medical Logistics Ltd / samedaycoronavirustests.com share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following:
- to Medical Logistics Ltd / samedaycoronavirustests.com group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services, or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Personal Data Policy or notified to you when we collect your personal information.
- to Public Health England (PHE) for the purposes of notification of COVID 19 test results-including positive, negative and indeterminate test results, in order to satisfy the legal requirements. PHE undertakes to handle these data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Caldicott Guidelines;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, Local and National Health Authority, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is is legally required and/or necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
- The Legal basis for processing of the personal information
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon in order to process personal information of users of our services and visitors of our websites are the following:
- Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract – in order to perform obligations that we undertake in providing products or services to you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your personal data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests – either we, or a third party, will need to process your personal data for the purposes of our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your personal data protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, optimising our website and user experience, informing you about and providing you with our products and services and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner;
- Consent – in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your personal data in a particular way.
If you have other questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Security of my personal information kept by Medical Logistics Ltd / samedaycoronavirustests.com
Medical Logistics Ltd / Samedaycoronavirustests.com uses appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
In recognition of the value of your personal financial information, we do not store any payment card details – most payments are processed by Stripe and bespoke orders of multiple Products involving invoicing will be processed via a bank transfer. We do not store users’ payment card details.
- International data transfers and Internet based transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country
Nonetheless, Medical Logistics Ltd / Samedaycoronavirustests.com have taken appropriate steps to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Personal Data Policy.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
- How long Medical Logistics Ltd / samedaycoronavirustests.com will hold my information?
In line with UK Department of Health advice, we will keep health-related information (e.g. test results and medical records) for at least 8 years. We will retain other personal information for as long as you continue to use our services. It is your right to request that we stop processing or delete your personal information at any time.
- Your data protection rights
You have certain rights in relation to personal information we hold about you. Details of these rights and how to exercise them are set out below. We will require evidence of your identity before we are able to act on your request.:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you wish to object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You can exercise this by contacting us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- Changes to Medical Logistics Ltd / samedaycoronavirustests.com Personal Data Policy
Our Personal Data Policy is subject to change from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments.
- How to contact Medical Logistics Ltd / samedaycoronavirustests.com
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact our admin team using the following details: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 11-01-2022
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers ), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.