Please do not come to the centre if you are feeling unwell.
It is a blood test. You will have your blood taken by a healthcare professional: finger prick (or venous/phlebotomy) sample at our centre. We process your blood sample using a gold standard immunoassay auto-analyser manufactured by one of the world’s leading laboratory and diagnostics providers.
Our tests come from a CE marked TUV certified manufacturer in South Korea called Boditech. Each sample that is taken is analysed using high sensitivity Automated Immune Fluorescence Assay diagnostic machines to provide more accurate results and give you the level of antibodies found in your blood sample.
This test is for the presence of the virus on swabs. It does not test blood.
A PCR test looks for the presence of the RNA of the virus itself. This means that it will pick up the presence of the actual virus in the nose and throat. It is 100% accurate and will be able to confirm whether anyone with symptoms has the virus.
The COVID-19 PCR test is a mouth and nose swab which tests for the active virus – if this is positive then you are infectious to other people and can spread the infection to those around you.
Yes. Our results are recognized for travel purposes.
Yes. Book a slot on our website. We offer testing tailored to your needs: choose from visiting our centre in Mayfair/Bristol, asking us to send a medical courier to you who will wait while you take the test, or booking a professionally trained medic who will assist you with taking the sample for you at the location of your choice. Your test will be at the laboratory the same day and you will receive the results the same or the next day – guaranteed, depending on the turnaround you have chosen on your booking.
Preparing for your test
- Remember to bring a valid photo ID. This would preferably be a passport, but we will also accept a driver’s licence.
- Inform us of any special handling requirements for your specimen collection which relate to either existing medical conditions (such as nasal septal deviation/a tendency for nosebleeds for example) or limitations due to any medical intervention received (any form of nasal/throat surgery for example).
- Inform us of any chaperone requirements for your examination. A chaperone is requested in the event of needing an impartial observer to oversee the examination.
- Eat or drink anything (including chewing gum) up to 30 minutes before your sample is collected.
- Use any type of nasal spray up to 1 hour before your sample is collected.
Taking the test
Please don’t come to our centre if you have a fever, dry cough, mild breathing difficulty, diarrhoea or general aches.
If you’re presenting any of these symptoms please do not book a test, or if they appear before your test is scheduled please contact us at least 24 hours before your test and we will reschedule you free of charge.
- Please arrive on time and no earlier than 10 mins before your scheduled appointment time. This will help us stay in line with the government’s social distancing guidelines.
- We will ask you to pay using your CREDIT/DEBIT card (sorry NO CASH ACCEPTED)
- When you arrive you will have your temperature taken, anyone with a temperature over 38 degrees will be asked to go home immediately and self isolate.
- Please also come wearing appropriate PPE like a face mask, glasses and gloves and bring your ID with you.
- The Antibody test is done by taking a finger-prick blood sample from you, very similar to the way a diabetic tests themselves for blood sugar levels. Your finger will be cleaned with an antibacterial alcohol wipe first, and then we will prick the finger using a lancet. You will feel a little pinch and then the nurse will be able to take the blood sample for testing.
- The PCR test is done by taking a swab sample from your throat and both of your nostrils. The test is not painful or invasive nonetheless, you may experience a gag reflex, irritation around the tested area, sneezing and rarely nose bleeds.
If you are running late we will try and accommodate you on the same day, but if this isn’t possible you will have to reschedule and we will charge a £50 rescheduling fee.
Antibody sample will be tested on in vitro diagnostic medical device. We will mix the blood sample with diluent and then add it onto a cassette which is put into the high sensitivity Automated Immune Fluorescence Assay machine. The machine will then analyse the sample on the cassette and provide a result.
PCR swab will be tested on a PHE approved analyzer in one of our partner, London based medical laboratories.
Getting the results
We will send you an email with a certificate of your test results on the same day. Usually 6-7hrs after taking your blood sample.
You will receive your results by 18:00 the next day- guaranteed.
The certificate will be sent to your email address the same day as the PCR was performed by midnight.
Results of the LFT/Antigen Tests will be sent to the email address provided during booking within an hour from the appointment.
For any report amendments (such as Incorrect spelling of details) please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to state the name of the individual who purchased the test within the email.
Although this is an extremely rare occurrence, if you require any assistance with delayed results, please contact us via email on email@example.com. We will aim to respond to any delayed result queries within an hour of receipt (operating hours Monday to Friday are 09:00-18:00, and 09:00-15:00 for Saturday-Sunday).
Further support/additional requirements
Please be aware that this facility has no step-free access. If you require any assistance, please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or via mobile at 07843988660 to make alternative arrangements.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability. If you need information in a different format, contact us via email on email@example.com to make alternative arrangements. We will require the web address (also called the URL) of the content, or the document you require converted. We will also need details of the format you require, for example, audio CD, braille, British Sign Language or large print.
- If you require any further information related to your result (for example clinical advice) and you have purchased the test directly through us, please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org to request a consultant call back. You may also be able to find the answers to your COVID-19 queries within the NHS’ general COVID-19 advice and answers to your test result queries within the NHS’ procedures to follow post-testing.